I'm delighted to announce officially that I'm expecting another baby - due on 22nd July 2013. It's nice to have something to look forward to, as we're not expecting this year to be a good one. After another miscarriage scare and an early pregnancy scan at 6 weeks, I have finally made it to over 12 weeks.
We had the 12 week scan on Thursday 10th January and discovered that we have a very mischievous baby. It was standing up, completely erect and doing the 'River Dance' in my womb. The sonographer needed it to lie down so that she could take the vital measurements and the baby would not comply - it was too busy dancing! I had to get up, jump up and down on the spot, cough lots, drink ice cold water and still it wouldn't lie down. Two other ladies were called in and in between us, and I had to do circuits of the hospital, star jumps in the toilet and running on the spot. 4th time lucky and the baby was exhausted! The measurements were taken and we appear to have a very healthy, low risk baby.
We have decided not to find out if we're having a boy or a girl as we would like another surprise. However, at the 20 week scan we will ask the sonographer to write down the sex and put it in a sealed envelope to give to my Mum. We want her to know what our family will look like, just in case she doesn't make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment