The leaflet is designed to inform people of the key signs and symptoms of cancer as early diagnosis of cancer can save lives. It really made me think how unaware most of us probably are, and unless someone you know is battling cancer, you are probably not very likely to pick up such a leaflet and have a read.
I therefore wanted to share with you the key signs and symptoms, so that I am doing my bit to raise awareness. I just wish my Mum's cancer had been caught earlier as finding cancer sooner rather than later can make a real difference. When cancer is found at an early stage, treatment is often simpler and more likely to be successful. I wouldn't want anyone to have to endure the suffering that I have witnessed over the last few months.
I urge you to know the signs and symptoms and get checked out by your doctor if you notice any of the following:
- A mouth or tongue ulcer that lasts longer than three weeks.
- A cough or croaky voice that lasts longer than three weeks.
- Persistent difficulty swallowing or indigestion.
- An unusual lump or swelling anywhere on your body.
- An unusual breast change.
- A change in the size, shape or colour of a mole.
- A sore that won't heal after several weeks.
- Unexplained weight loss or heavy night sweats.
- An unexplained pain or ache that lasts longer than four weeks.
- A change to more frequent bowel motions that lasts longer than six weeks.
- Blood in your urine.
- Bleeding from the vagina after the menopause or between periods.
- Problems passing urine.
- Blood in your stools.
No comments:
Post a Comment